Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Rebirth Part V

As I spent more time with the people here, it was amazing to how courteously they behaved, along with the hospitality they exhibited. This was true even in informal situations. While dining with them they constantly filled mine and other’s cups if it started to get empty. To let the cup get empty was not courteous to the people here; them wanting to ensure great hospitality to their family, workers, and friends. I learned that there were two ways to arrange the food and utensils. One was for normal situations, and the other was for if there had been a death in the family. It was very important to make sure one did place the food and utensils in the appropriate locations to avoid being disrespectful. There was also this sitting style that was practiced called seeza, which is a sitting position in which one sits with a straight back position, and with their legs bent and positioned to the left or right. One can best describe these mentioned acts as an organized structure that is in tact with them along with a series of long lasting customs.

I felt my heart to start beat for the first time in my life, but I could not appreciate this greatness. I immediately started to further obsess with the people instead. Without a doubt I noted of these striking physical features that they possessed. I could not take my eyes away from this greatness. The people of this land being very healthy looking, and rarely being at points of obesity. To my foreign eyes, they may appear too thin but in fact they are actually very healthy in weight. They are usually perceived to only eat healthy items but I noticed that they had a diet that was not very different from ours. How can this be? They have a similar diet to us, yet we are a very obese population as a whole. “It must be their self control,” I answered to myself. I then saw that they ate less while only eating what they needed, and not commencing in taking excess into their bodies. As I have worked at the Jay C Food Stores meat department for the past four years now, I could definitely verify the claim that Americans commence in extreme overindulgence. This can be seen with the monthly whole pork loin sales, and the never-ending ground chuck sales. It really is sickening to see how much these people can buy and eat, and to be forced to see how obese they can become; ultimately being punished with my twenty-twenty vision. A process of self control was being used to maintain an attractive and presentable appearance by the Japanese. I could not help to notice their very distinctive facial features as well. Such shiny black or brown hair that was groomed so beautifully and their distinct cheek bones that emerges slightly more from the face than that of the Westerner. Their eyes being of great size with either a single or double skin fold above or below their eye. As I actually looked into the eyes of these beautiful people, I realized that their eyes were not small or even slanted the slightest like many Americans have discriminated against them in the past with run-in-to-the-ground propaganda suggesting this. These eyes actually being of a great size, and having either a single or double crease below or above their eyes known as an epicanthal fold. I notice that these people have brown eyes, not black eyes. The pupil is black, like all human beings have, and the iris a brown color. I then noted another striking feature as I stood on a crowded train one hot afternoon. I noted that there was not even the slightest hint of body odor; making me wonder as to if their sweat glands were different than that of westerners? They appeared as if they did not sweat as much; making the effort of overcoming a horrible smell of an individual nearly nonexistent. This was so refreshing to my senses. I thought back to how many times I had been greeted with terrible smells of body odors from Americans, which would always make me wonder if they smelled like this because of being too obese and not being able to wash properly. I had been in such a daze of fascination that I had not even noticed that I now had complete feeling in my entire body. It had been such a long time since I had felt this before that I did not know as to whether this feeling was of pleasure or pain. I did know that I wanted to stand up and to experience this feeling I now had in my body. I would fight to be anything but this paralyzed being, this disgusting corpse.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment