Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Rebirth Part I

My next few posts will be of my first experience going to Japan. I plan to have at least five parts of my experience, in which I will post a continuation each week.

I had become a corpse prior to visiting this land; every drop of life had abandoned me. As I first gazed down upon these natural and manmade environments from the airplane that thrived among each other, it caused this forgotten sensation of a feeling to commence inside my corpse. I could not recall as to what a feeling had even felt like. Once this thought to be feeling started, I felt as if I was coming to life for the very first time. I knew this was not true once I started to gain my feeling back. I had lived before but there was something much different this time.
Once I stepped off the plane, I found myself in the only airport that accepted international flights to the country; the Narita Airport of Chiba-ken, Japan. This airport that I arrived at was a good insight for the rest of my stay here. This place being one of cleanliness, order, beauty, originality, structure, and inspiration. The cleanliness of the airport shined at me with its spotless floors that one would not expect from an airport that permits mass numbers of individual traveling through at such rapid rates every day. This was a pleasant welcome as I ventured through this unfamiliar land of Japan. Could the entire country be like this? Japan was very a populated country, but still it seemed to stay unbelievably clean, despite the mass number of endless crowds that made their way through the country. The people seemed to take great pride in their property in places such as their homes, cars, and community, and constantly upkeep and nurture these items of property. The paper, cigarette butt, chewing gum, dirt and litter free streets and sidewalks, with people down on their hands and knees scrubbing and picking up such items on their property, brought this feeling of inspiration into my once empty corpse. I thought my eyes were surely deceiving me because this was something that could not ever be accomplished in even the smallest cities in America. These activities were occurring in even the biggest of cities, such as this massive metropolis of Tokyo.

The pollution that was present was of a different format than here in America. I could see the pollution, but I could not figure out as to why I was not coughing and wrinkling my face in disgust at the smells of the pollution from the city. I could feel my lungs beginning to function again, and to be able to breathe this refreshing air. This pollution that was present was not of this thick black cloud over cities in America that makes it difficult to breathe. This was of a controlled pollution that did not create this black smog. This pollution was merely pollutants that were unpreventable that originated from the factories, homes, and transportation. I observed that these pollutants were coming from properly proportioned items that were well engineered, fuel-efficient, and not oversized. The presence with them was not an unpleasant one like I had been most familiar with. Their smell was of gasoline, oil, and natural gas burnt in a clean manner that gave off a smell that was somewhat sweet to my senses. I could breathe, and see the blue sky’s natural clouds even in the most metropolitan areas, rather than the black, manmade clouds I had grown accustomed to here in America.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment